Motivation (CBSE-NET (UGC) Psychology (Paper-II & Paper-III)): Questions 142 - 144 of 213
Get 1 year subscription: Access detailed explanations (illustrated with images and videos) to 4421 questions. Access all new questions we will add tracking exam-pattern and syllabus changes. View Sample Explanation or View Features.
Rs. 700.00 or
Question number: 142
» Motivation » Motivational Process
Appeared in Year: 2014
The objective of mastery goals in students is to improve, learn, seek challenges and persist inspite of difficulties. (December)
Teachers can stimulate mastery goal orientation through the techniques of self-monitoring, self-improvement and deeper understanding of subject.
|a.||Both Ꭺ and Ꭱ are false|
|b.||Both Ꭺ and Ꭱ are true but Ꭱ is NOT the correct explanation of Ꭺ|
|c.||Ꭺ is false but Ꭱ is true|
|d.||Both Ꭺ and Ꭱ are true and Ꭱ is the correct explanation of Ꭺ|
Question number: 143
» Motivation » Motives and Needs
Answer the following question:
(1) People who score high on the SSS tend to be extroverted, independent and individuals who value change.
(2) People with high nAch are attracted to “long shots” and “sure things”.
(3) According to Maslow, meta needs are the most basic and prepotent sources of human motivation.
(4) Intrinsic motivation is often undermined in situations in which obvious external rewards are applied to a naturally enjoyable activity.
All of the above statements are false
All of the above statements are true
(1) is false, but (2), (3) and (4) are true
(1) is true, but (2), (3) and (4) are false
Question number: 144
» Motivation » Characteristics of Motivation
Mechanisms within an organism that activate behavior or direct it towards some goal, is called ________.