Subscribe now to access pointwise, categorized & easy to understand notes on 168 key topics of NEET Biology covering entire 2017 syllabus. All the updates for one year are also included. View Features or View Sample.
Rs. 300.00 or
Five Kingdom Classification
- Monera: - All the prokaryotes (Eubacteria, Rickettsia Actinomycetes, BGA, Archaebacteria, Mycoplasma)
- Protista: - All the Unicellular eukaryotes (Dinoilagellates, Diatoms, Euglenoids, Slime moulds and Protozoans)
- Mycota: - True fungi
- Plantae: - All the multicellular plants - Algae, Bryophyta, Pteridophyta, Gymnosperm, Angiosperm
- Animalia: - All the multicellular animals
- Carl Woese suggested separate kingdom for “Archaebacteria”. He proposed six kingdom classification.
- In 1990, Carl Woese proposed that the Eubacteria, Archaebacteria, and Eukaryota represent three primary lines of descent and accordingly he promoted them to domains, naming them Bacteria, Archaea, and Eukarya.
Subscribe & login to view complete study material.