ISS Statistics Paper I (New 2016 MCQ Pattern): Questions 244 - 247 of 469

Get 1 year subscription: Access detailed explanations (illustrated with images and videos) to 469 questions. Access all new questions we will add tracking exam-pattern and syllabus changes. View Sample Explanation or View Features.

Rs. 300.00 or

Question number: 244

» Probability » Bayes' Theorem and Applications

MCQ▾

Question

Most (70%) of the taxis in Rajkot are green, with the rest (30%) being yellow. In a traffic accident involving a hit-and-run taxi, a witness claims the taxi was yellow. Careful testing shows that the witness can successfully identify the color of a taxi only 75 % of the time due to bad eyesight. On the balance of probabilities, should we hold Yellow Taxi Company liable?

Choices

Choice (4) Response

a.

Information insufficient.

b.

Yellow taxi Company should not be held liable.

c.

Yellow taxi Company should be held liable.

d.

Can’t make any claim.

Question number: 245

» Probability » Probability Distributions » Cauchy

MCQ▾

Question

If Equation has the standard Cauchy distribution, then Equation will follow________.

Choices

Choice (4) Response

a.

A Student t distribution with 2 degree of freedom.

b.

A Chi-square distribution.

c.

A Laplace distribution.

d.

None of the above

Question number: 246

» Probability » Probability Distributions » Poisson

MCQ▾

Question

Which of the following statement is/are false regarding following curve?

Which is a correct statement regarding the given curves

Which Is a Correct Statement Regarding the Given Curves

Find the correct statement as regards to these curves.

Choices

Choice (4) Response

a.

D have smallest value of λ.

b.

All can follow Poisson distribution.

c.

A have smallest value of λ.

d.

All of the above

Question number: 247

» Probability » Probability Distributions » Normal

MCQ▾

Question

A manufacturer does not know the mean and SD of the diameter of a ball bearing he is producing. However, a machine rejects all bearings larger than 2.5 cm and those under 2 cm in diameter. Out of 5000 ball bearings 9 % are rejected as too small and 6.5 % as too big. What is the mean and standard deviation of the ball bearings produced?

Choices

Choice (4) Response

a.

Equation

b.

Equation

c.

Equation

d.

All of the above

f Page
Sign In