IES-ESE Mechanical Engineering: Questions 77 - 80 of 81
Get 1 year subscription: Access detailed explanations (illustrated with images and videos) to 81 questions. Access all new questions we will add tracking exam-pattern and syllabus changes. View Sample Explanation or View Features.
Rs. 100.00 or
Question number: 77
Appeared in Year: 2005
Consider the following statements:
- In arc welding, 65 % to 75 % heat is generated at the anode.
- Duty cycle in case of arc welding is the cycle of complete welding of work piece from the beginning.
- Arc blow is more common with DC welding.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
1 and 2
1, 2 and 3
2 and 3
1 and 3
Question number: 78
Question number: 79
Appeared in Year: 2011
During plasma arc welding of aluminium, improved removal of the surface oxide from the base metal is obtained with typical polarity of:
Reverse polarity of phase of AC potential
Question number: 80
Appeared in Year: 2010
Consider the following statements regarding welded joints:
1. It is a permanent type of joint.
2. It is reliable and economical for pressure vessel construction.
3. It is free from fabricational residual stresses.
4. Such joints are suitable for static loading only.
5. Welding is a versatile and flexible metal joining process.
Which of the above statements are correct?
1, 2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 5 only
2, 3 and 4 only
1, 2, 3, 4 and 5