Subscribe now to access pointwise, categorized & easy to understand notes on 31 key topics of GRE Psychology covering entire 2017 syllabus. All the updates for one year are also included. View Features or View Sample.
Rs. 100.00 or
These are the disorders which arise due to intake of toxin such as cocaine, nicotine, or paint fumes. The two best-known subtypes of this disorder are:
- Dependence: This disorders are the combination or few of the following: cannot stop usage of substances though they are harmful, need to increase use of some substance constantly, interests of being social declining, or you get to spend a lot of time socially.
- Abuse: Recurrent use despite substance-related problems or danger.
Schizophrenia & Other Psychotic Disorders
- Each disorder in this category is a psychotic disorder, which means that hallucinations or delusions (erroneous beliefs) are present.
- Schizophrenia, formerly known as dementia praecox, was renamed by Eugene Bleuler. Schizophrenia means “split mind, ” indicating a mind that has split from reality. But his is not to be confused with the multiple personalities or a split personality.
- Schizophrenic symptoms may be positive (abnormally present) or negative (abnormally absent). Positive symptoms have the following: delusions (erroneous or distorted thinking); perceptual hallucinations; nonsensical or disorganized speech (perhaps use of made-up words when a person tries to form his own vocabulary called… (331 more words) …
Subscribe & login to view complete study material.