Subscribe now to access pointwise, categorized & easy to understand notes on 116 key topics of CTET Paper-II Child-Development & Pedagogy covering entire 2017 syllabus. All the updates for one year are also included. View Features or View Sample.
Rs. 200.00 or
What is meant by Individual Difference?
Individual differences are the facts and qualities that differentiate one person from another. Every person has different likes, dislikes, mental and psychological set up, motivations, values and intrinsic potential. No two persons are the same (they can be similar). This difference was noticed and hence this branch of psychology emerged.
Developing Sense of Racial Identity and Gender among Children
- Students get aware of gender differences and differences and identification of races and community by the time they reach the age of 7 - 8 years. Identification of gender differences come during pre-school years when they come to know expectations from society as how to behave and what is expected from each sex. While racial discriminations are developed by the parents and surroundings of the child.
- Social learning theorists believe that through these sources, the children get stereotype training and they behave exactly in the manner which has been continued since ages.
What are the Strategies for Handling Individual Differences among Students?
- Organization of Instruction for the Development of Cognitive The process of giving instructions should be in such a manner that apart from giving information, it also strikes on cognitive part of mind to impart in it the skills of memorizing, analyzing and problem solving.
- Using Existing Cognitive Level as Base Identification of current cognitive level of student is necessary as it will lay down the foundation for further cognitive development.
- Strengthening Memory To increase and strengthen memory, usually the skills of learning or problem solving are the base as they require loads of information to be stored in mind. For… (155 more words) …
Subscribe & login to view complete study material.