AP Psychology Sensation & Perception-Perceptual Processes Revision (Page 1 of 1)
Subscribe for one year and get complete access to over 99 carefully designed revision notes on AP Psychology. All the updates for one year are also included. Revision notes are systematically arranged in topics & sub-topics. View Features or View Sample.
Rs. 150.00 or
Theories on Perception
- Nativist theory states that perception and cognition are largely innate.
- Structuralist theory reveals that what we give as input to the brain forms our perception and we perceive the world through those eyes.
- Gestalt psychology says that people perceive the… (53 more words) …
- The visual field means the entire area external to the eye which can be seen through eyes.
- The figure and ground relationship is the relationship between what actually the eye needs to focus upon and the background surrounding that thing.… (271 more words) …
Ideas propounded by Gestalt
- Pragnanz is the overarching Gestalt idea that will be organized as meaningful, symmetrical, and simple. The following are specific Gestalt ideas:
- Closure means the capability of mind to complete incomplete figures.
- Proximity means grouping together things of similar characteristics.
- Continuation… (68 more words) …